Triple antigen - a more promising vaccine candidate for protection against COVID-19 variants
- Targets 3 SARS CoV-2 virus surface proteins, including proteins less susceptible to mutation, making our vaccine a better candidate to provide protection even against emerging mutated viruses.
- Demonstrated (in preclinical and GLP-Tox studies) to be safe, efficacious and well tolerated at normal to high doses, and generates high titres of neutralizing antibodies
Oral vaccine should improve efficacy, takes burden off health care systems
- Cuts out the need for freezing equipment for transportation & storage
- Easy accessibility results in better population coverage (especially for those who fear needles)
- Minimizes cost of training and mobilizing health care personnel
- Eliminates occupational needle-stick injuries
- Eliminates bio-hazardous waste problem
Clinical trial preparations are underway with studies expected to commence H1 2021
In a pilot animal study, the oral COVID-19 vaccine promoted both systemic immunity through Immunoglobulin G (IgG), the most common antibody in blood and bodily fluids that protects against viral infections, and Immunoglobulin A (IgA), which protects the respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts against infection.
Oravax is based on cutting edge technology from
Oramed Pharmaceuticals & Premas Biotech.
Oramed Pharmaceuticals is a platform technology pioneer in the field of oral delivery solutions
for drugs currently delivered via injection. Oramed’s proprietary Protein Oral Delivery (POD™)
technology allows for the oral delivery of therapeutic proteins and vaccines.
Premas Biotech is an innovative developer and manufacturer of novel biotherapeutic & vaccine candidates.
Premas' key areas of focus include: infectious diseases, cancer, metabolic disorders and inflammation.
Premas’s novel D-Crypt™ platform technology focuses on difficult to express proteins .